Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I love Tory Burch!!!!!

A Tory Story
 
One of my favorite designers, Tory Burch, stopped by Saks Fifth Avenue at Waterside Shops on Thursday, and I jumped at the chance to chat with her. As expected, she looked adorable in her poofy skirt and larger-than-life platform sandals. 


The Tory Burch section at Saks Fifth Avenue at Waterside Shops in Naples

Since we already knew a bunch about her business side, thanks to Diane Clehane’s interview with her in the April issue of Gulfshore Life, on newsstands now, I decided to ask her a little more about herself than her brand. Some Tory tidbits:
 
Her hobbies: I play tennis and squash. I’m a bit of a tomboy.
 
Favorite thing to design: Season-wise, fall. My favorite pieces to design are jewelry.
 
Her go-to outfit: Skinny pants, a trench and a T-shirt
 
Favorite book of all time: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
 
Favorite place to visit: Asia, especially Thailand, for its culture, people and food.
 
Most wants to visit: Tunisia
 
People would be surprised to know: I have a really dry sense of humor.
 

Models show off the Tory Burch collection at Saks Fifth 
Avenue in Naples.

She also mentioned that we can expect to see Tory Burch expanding and “getting better and better,” including a collection of sunglasses in partnership with Luxotica this October. Talk of a home line is still in the works.
 
What would you like to see Tory branch into? Post a comment to share below, or if you have an idea for a blog, e-mail me atjenniferf@gulfshorelife.com.

No comments: